Table of Contents
- Must-Visit Attractions and Landmarks in Harvey, LA
- Beautiful Parks and Gardens in Harvey, LA
- Highly Rated Restaurants and Cafes in Harvey, LA
- Traditional Local Cuisine and Street Food in Harvey, LA
- Top Hotels and Accommodations in Harvey, LA
- Best Shopping Destinations and Souvenirs in Harvey, LA
- Popular Nightlife and Entertainment Spots in Harvey, LA
- Exciting Outdoor Activities and Adventures in Harvey, LA
- Wellness and Relaxation Centers in Harvey, LA
- Convenient Transportation Options in Harvey, LA
- Unique Cultural Experiences and Events in Harvey, LA
- Kid-Friendly Activities and Attractions in Harvey, LA
Welcome to Harvey, LA: Uncovering Hidden Gems
Get ready to discover the best-kept secrets of Harvey, Louisiana, a charming town located just a short drive from New Orleans. With its rich history, unique culture, and stunning natural beauty, Harvey is the perfect destination for travelers looking for an authentic Louisiana experience.
Start your journey by indulging in the local cuisine at Atchafalaya Restaurant, located in the heart of New Orleans. This award-winning restaurant offers a unique blend of Cajun and Creole flavors, with dishes like crawfish étouffée and gumbo that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
For a more laid-back dining experience, head to The Bulldog, Uptown, a popular spot for locals and tourists alike. With over 50 beers on tap and a menu featuring classic pub fare like burgers and wings, this is the perfect place to unwind after a day of exploring.
For a taste of authentic Chinese cuisine, visit China Doll Restaurant, located in Harvey. This family-owned establishment has been serving up delicious dishes like kung pao chicken and moo shu pork for over 30 years.
- Try the seafood gumbo at Atchafalaya Restaurant – it’s a local favorite!
- Don’t miss the happy hour specials at The Bulldog, Uptown.
- Order the egg rolls at China Doll – they’re crispy and delicious.
After a satisfying meal, rest your head at one of Harvey’s charming lodging options. Creole Cottage Uptown offers a cozy and comfortable stay in a historic home, while Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank provides modern amenities and easy access to nearby attractions.
Must-Visit Attractions and Landmarks
Harvey, LA is home to several attractions and landmarks that are worth visiting. From beautiful parks to historical museums, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
One of the top attractions in Harvey is the Riverfront Park Bench. This park offers stunning views of the Mississippi River and is a great spot for a picnic or a leisurely stroll. Visitors can also enjoy the playground, walking trails, and fishing pier.
If you’re interested in history, be sure to visit the Gretna Historical Society. Located in nearby Gretna, this museum showcases the rich history of the area through exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays. Visitors can learn about the city’s founding, its role in the Civil War, and its cultural heritage.
For a unique way to explore the city, consider taking a tour with Prime Transit NOLA. This eco-friendly transportation company offers guided tours of New Orleans and the surrounding areas in their electric tuk-tuks. Visitors can sit back and relax while their knowledgeable guide takes them to all the must-see spots.
- Be sure to check the hours of operation and admission fees for each attraction before visiting.
- Consider booking a tour with a local guide to get an even deeper understanding of the history and culture of the area.
Visit Riverfront Park Bench during sunset for a truly breathtaking view of the Mississippi River.
Check out the Gretna Farmers Market, located near the Gretna Historical Society, for fresh produce and handmade crafts.
Book a private tour with Prime Transit NOLA for a personalized experience tailored to your interests.
Did You Know?
The Riverfront Park Bench was once a bustling industrial area, but has since been transformed into a beautiful public park.
The Gretna Historical Society is housed in a historic building that was once a bank.
Prime Transit NOLA is committed to sustainability and reducing their carbon footprint by using electric vehicles.
Beautiful Parks and Gardens
Harvey, LA is home to some of the most beautiful parks and gardens in the area. These green spaces offer a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, and are perfect for a picnic, a stroll, or just some quiet reflection.
One of the most popular parks in Harvey is the Riverfront Park Bench. Located at 3100-3598 River Road, this park offers stunning views of the Mississippi River and is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery. With a rating of 4.5 stars and over 177 reviews, visitors rave about the peaceful atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.
Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy it on one of the many benches overlooking the river.
Visit in the evening to catch a beautiful sunset over the water.
Did You Know?
The Riverfront Park Bench is a popular spot for birdwatching, with a variety of species often spotted along the river.
Highly Rated Restaurants and Cafes
Harvey, LA is home to a variety of delicious restaurants and cafes, offering a range of cuisines and atmospheres. Here are some of the highest rated options:
Atchafalaya Restaurant, located in nearby New Orleans, is a must-visit for foodies. This award-winning restaurant is known for its contemporary Louisiana cuisine, with a focus on fresh, local ingredients. The menu changes seasonally, but some standout dishes include the shrimp and grits, duck confit hash, and the famous Atchafalaya Eggs Benedict. The restaurant also offers a great selection of craft cocktails and an extensive wine list.
The Bulldog, Uptown is a casual spot in New Orleans that is perfect for grabbing a bite and a beer. The menu features classic pub fare like burgers, hot dogs, and loaded fries, as well as a great selection of local and international beers on tap. The outdoor patio is dog-friendly, making it a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.
For those craving Chinese food, China Doll Restaurant in Harvey is a top choice. The menu features all the classics like General Tso’s chicken, lo mein, and egg rolls, as well as some lesser-known dishes like salt and pepper shrimp and crispy duck. The portions are generous, and the prices are reasonable, making it a great spot for a casual meal with friends or family.
Urban Roast Cafe in New Orleans is a cozy spot for coffee and light bites. The cafe serves locally roasted coffee, as well as a selection of pastries, breakfast sandwiches, and salads. The atmosphere is laid-back and welcoming, with plenty of seating both indoors and outdoors. It’s a great spot to grab a coffee and catch up on some work or relax with a book.
The Living Room Cafe in Gretna is a hidden gem that’s worth seeking out. This cozy cafe serves up delicious breakfast and lunch dishes, as well as coffee and tea. Some standout menu items include the avocado toast, breakfast burrito, and the turkey and brie sandwich. The cafe also has a great selection of vegan and gluten-free options. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, with plenty of seating and a friendly staff.
- Be sure to check the hours of each restaurant and cafe before visiting, as they may vary.
- Reservations are recommended for Atchafalaya Restaurant, especially on weekends.
- China Doll Restaurant offers takeout and delivery options, making it a convenient choice for a night in.
For a true New Orleans experience, be sure to try a po’ boy sandwich at one of the many local spots.
Did You Know?
New Orleans is known for its beignets, a type of fried dough covered in powdered sugar. You can find them at the famous Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter, as well as at many other cafes and restaurants throughout the city.
Local Cuisine and Street Food
Harvey, LA is a melting pot of cultures, and that is reflected in its diverse culinary scene. From traditional Southern comfort food to international flavors, there is something for every palate. Here are some of the best spots to try:
Atchafalaya Restaurant is a must-visit for anyone looking for a taste of authentic Louisiana cuisine. The menu features classic dishes like gumbo, jambalaya, and crawfish etouffee, all made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant also has an extensive cocktail menu, with creative drinks like the “Sazerac Royale” and the “Bayou Swizzle.”
For those in the mood for Asian cuisine, China Doll Restaurant is a local favorite. The menu features a variety of dishes from China, Japan, and Thailand, including sushi, stir-fry, and noodle dishes. The restaurant also has a full bar and a cozy atmosphere, perfect for a night out with friends.
Another great option for international cuisine is Banana Blossom Thai Restaurant. The menu features authentic Thai dishes like pad thai, green curry, and tom yum soup, all made with fresh, flavorful ingredients. The restaurant also has a cozy, intimate atmosphere, perfect for a romantic dinner or a night out with friends.
For those looking for a more casual dining experience, The Bulldog, Uptown is a great spot to grab a bite and a beer. The menu features classic pub fare like burgers, hot dogs, and nachos, as well as a wide selection of craft beers on tap. The outdoor patio is perfect for enjoying a sunny day with friends.
For those looking for a unique drinking experience, NOLA Distillery is a must-visit. The distillery offers tours and tastings of their handcrafted spirits, including vodka, gin, and rum. The distillery also has a bar where visitors can enjoy craft cocktails made with their spirits.
Be sure to try the local delicacy, crawfish, when it’s in season (usually from January to June).
Did You Know?
New Orleans is known for its beignets, but did you know that there is a local version called “bignet” that is a savory version filled with seafood or meat?
For coffee lovers, Urban Roast is a must-visit. The cafe offers a variety of specialty coffee drinks, as well as pastries and breakfast sandwiches. The cozy atmosphere and friendly staff make it the perfect spot to start your day.
The Living Room Cafe is another great spot for coffee and breakfast. The menu features a variety of breakfast sandwiches, bagels, and pastries, as well as a full coffee menu. The cozy atmosphere and friendly staff make it a great spot to relax and catch up on work or reading.
For those looking for a casual bar experience, McGuire’s Pit Stop West is a local favorite. The bar features a variety of beers on tap, as well as classic bar food like burgers and wings. The friendly staff and laid-back atmosphere make it a great spot to hang out with friends.
Point Restaurant & Bar is another great spot for drinks and casual dining. The bar features a variety of beers and cocktails, as well as classic pub fare like burgers and sandwiches. The outdoor patio is perfect for enjoying a sunny day with friends.
- Be sure to check out the local farmers’ markets for fresh, locally grown produce and artisanal products.
- Many local restaurants offer vegetarian and vegan options, so be sure to ask if you have dietary restrictions.
Top Hotels and Accommodations in Harvey, LA
Planning a trip to Harvey, LA and looking for the best places to stay? Check out these top-rated hotels and accommodations:
Creole Cottage Uptown is a charming bed and breakfast located in the heart of New Orleans, just a short drive from Harvey. This historic property features beautifully appointed guest rooms, each with its own unique character and charm. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning, as well as access to a lovely courtyard and garden area.
With a 4.5-star rating on Google and over 15 reviews, Creole Cottage Uptown is a top choice for travelers seeking a cozy and comfortable place to stay.
If you’re looking for a more traditional hotel experience, the Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank is a great choice. This modern hotel offers comfortable guest rooms and suites, as well as a range of amenities including a fitness center, outdoor pool, and complimentary breakfast.
With a 4.2-star rating on Google and over 610 reviews, the Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank is a popular choice among travelers visiting the area.
- Both Creole Cottage Uptown and Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank offer easy access to popular attractions in Harvey and the surrounding area.
- For a more unique and personalized experience, consider booking a stay at a local bed and breakfast or vacation rental.
- Be sure to book your accommodations in advance, especially if you’re planning to visit during peak travel season.
Consider staying in a bed and breakfast or vacation rental for a more personalized and authentic experience in Harvey.
Did You Know?
Many local bed and breakfasts and vacation rentals are owned and operated by Harvey residents, giving visitors a chance to connect with the local community and learn more about the area’s history and culture.
Shop ‘Til You Drop in Harvey, LA
Harvey, LA has a variety of shopping destinations that cater to different tastes. Whether you’re looking for books, home decor, or pet supplies, you’ll find it all here.
If you’re a book lover, Barnes & Noble is a must-visit. This store has a wide selection of books, magazines, and other reading materials. You can easily spend hours browsing through the shelves and discovering new titles. The store also has a cozy cafe where you can enjoy a cup of coffee while reading your favorite book.
For unique home decor items, head to World Market. This store has a wide selection of furniture, textiles, and accessories from around the world. You’ll find everything from colorful rugs to handcrafted pottery. The prices are reasonable, and the quality is excellent.
If you’re a pet owner, Petco is the place to go for all your pet supplies. This store has a wide selection of food, toys, and accessories for dogs, cats, and other pets. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly, and they can help you find the right products for your furry friend.
If you’re in the market for a new car, Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is a great place to start your search. This dealership has a wide selection of new and used vehicles, and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. They can help you find the right car for your needs and budget.
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable car, Ray Brandt Kia is another great dealership to check out. They have a wide selection of new and used cars, and the staff is friendly and helpful. They can help you find the right car for your lifestyle and budget.
If you’re shopping for a car, be sure to do your research beforehand. Check out different dealerships online and read reviews from other customers. This will help you make an informed decision and get the best deal.
Did You Know?
Harvey, LA is home to the West Jefferson Medical Center, a state-of-the-art hospital that provides high-quality healthcare to the local community. The hospital has a variety of services, including emergency care, surgery, and cancer treatment.
If you’re in the mood for a movie, head to the AMC Westbank Palace 16. This theater has a variety of movies playing, from blockbusters to independent films. The seats are comfortable, and the sound and picture quality are excellent.
If you’re a beer lover, be sure to check out the New Orleans Lager & Ale (NOLA) Brewing. This brewery has a variety of beers on tap, including their popular NOLA Blonde and Hopitoulas IPA. They also have a spacious outdoor patio where you can enjoy your beer and some live music.
If you’re visiting NOLA Brewing, be sure to try their beer flight. This will give you a chance to sample a variety of their beers and find your new favorite.
Did You Know?
Harvey, LA is located just a short drive from downtown New Orleans, making it a great base for exploring the city. You can easily drive or take public transportation to all the major attractions, including the French Quarter, the Garden District, and the Audubon Zoo.
Nightlife and Entertainment
When the sun goes down, Harvey, LA comes alive with a variety of bars and nightclubs to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a low-key spot to grab a drink or a lively dance floor, there’s something for everyone.
For a classic sports bar experience, head to Spanky’s Sports Bar. With plenty of TVs and a friendly atmosphere, it’s the perfect spot to catch a game with friends. They also have a great selection of beers on tap and delicious bar food.
If you’re looking for a dive bar with character, check out McGuire’s Pit Stop West. With cheap drinks and a laid-back vibe, it’s a local favorite. Plus, they often have live music and karaoke nights.
For a unique drinking experience, head to NOLA Distillery in nearby New Orleans. They offer tours and tastings of their handcrafted spirits, including rum, gin, and vodka. The distillery also has a cozy bar area where you can enjoy a cocktail made with their house-made ingredients.
If you’re in the mood for some delicious Thai food and drinks, head to Banana Blossom Thai Restaurant. Their bar area offers a variety of cocktails, beer, and wine to pair with their flavorful dishes.
For a more upscale atmosphere, check out . With a menu featuring fresh seafood and steaks, it’s a great spot for a date night or special occasion. They also have a great selection of wine and cocktails to choose from.
- Be sure to check each establishment’s hours and policies before heading out for the night.
Many bars and clubs in the area offer happy hour specials, so be sure to check their websites or social media pages for the latest deals.
Did You Know?
The Point Restaurant & Bar is located in a historic building that was once a train station. The building was moved to its current location and converted into a restaurant in the 1980s.
Outdoor Adventures in Harvey, LA
Harvey, LA is a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts. With its beautiful parks, scenic trails, and unique experiences, there’s something for everyone.
One of the best places to enjoy the outdoors in Harvey is Riverfront Park. This beautiful park is located along the Mississippi River and offers stunning views of the water. Take a stroll along the walking path or relax on one of the park benches and enjoy the scenery.
If you’re looking for a more active adventure, check out The Pedal Shop. This local bicycle store offers rentals and guided tours of the area’s best bike trails. The knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect bike for your adventure and provide tips on the best routes to take.
For a unique outdoor experience, consider taking a tour with Prime Transit NOLA. This local tour company offers eco-friendly tours of New Orleans and the surrounding areas. Choose from a variety of tours, including a swamp tour, a city tour, or a plantation tour.
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and bug spray on your outdoor adventures.
- Be sure to check the weather forecast before heading out.
- Respect the environment and leave no trace.
Consider taking a sunset bike ride along the Mississippi River for a truly memorable experience.
Did You Know?
Harvey, LA is home to the largest urban wildlife refuge in the United States, the Bayou Sauvage National Wildlife Refuge.
Wellness and Relaxation Centers
Harvey, LA is home to several wellness and relaxation centers that offer a range of services to help you unwind and rejuvenate. One such center is Salon Elle Spa located at 525 Huey P Long Avenue in nearby Gretna.
Salon Elle Spa is a top-rated spa that offers a variety of services including massages, facials, body treatments, and more. The spa has a relaxing and tranquil atmosphere that will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
The staff at Salon Elle Spa are highly trained and experienced, and they use only the best products and techniques to ensure that you receive the best possible treatment. Whether you’re looking to relax and unwind or you need a little pampering, Salon Elle Spa is the perfect place to go.
- Services offered: massages, facials, body treatments, waxing, and more
- Price range: $$ – $$$
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday closed
Book your appointment in advance to ensure availability, especially during peak seasons.
Arrive early to enjoy the spa’s amenities such as the sauna and steam room.
Did You Know?
Salon Elle Spa has been featured in several local publications including New Orleans Magazine and Gambit Weekly.
Getting Around in Harvey, LA
Harvey, LA is a small town, but there are still plenty of transportation options for visitors to get around. Whether you’re arriving by train, plane, or car, there are convenient options available.
If you’re arriving by train, the Union Passenger Terminal in nearby New Orleans is your best bet. Amtrak offers daily service to New Orleans from cities across the country, and the terminal is just a short drive from Harvey. The terminal is clean, well-maintained, and staffed with friendly employees who are happy to help with any questions or concerns.
- Address: 1001 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans
- Rating: 4.0 stars
- Distance from Harvey: 10 miles
If you’re looking to rent a car during your stay in Harvey, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a great option. The Gretna location is just a short drive from Harvey, and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The rental process is quick and easy, and the cars are clean and well-maintained.
- Address: 928.5 Westbank Expressway, Gretna
- Rating: 4.2 stars
- Distance from Harvey: 3 miles
If you’re flying into New Orleans, Flightline First offers reliable and affordable airport shuttle service to Harvey. The drivers are friendly and professional, and the vans are clean and comfortable. The shuttle service is available 24/7, so you can always count on getting to your destination on time.
- Address: 6101 Guieppe Bellanca Street, New Orleans
- Rating: 4.8 stars
- Distance from Harvey: 10 miles
If you’re planning to rent a car, be sure to book in advance to ensure availability. During peak travel times, rental cars can be hard to come by.
Did You Know?
The Union Passenger Terminal in New Orleans is a historic landmark that was built in 1954. It was designed by the same architects who designed the famous Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
Cultural Experiences and Events
Harvey, LA is a melting pot of cultures, and there are plenty of opportunities to explore the local history and traditions. From museums to distilleries, there’s something for everyone.
The Gretna Historical Society is a must-visit for history buffs. Located in nearby Gretna, this museum showcases the rich history of the area through exhibits and artifacts. Learn about the city’s founding, its role in the Civil War, and its growth over the years. The knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer questions and provide additional information.
For a unique cultural experience, consider taking a tour with Prime Transit NOLA. This company offers a variety of tours, including a history tour of New Orleans, a ghost tour, and a cocktail tour. The knowledgeable guides provide fascinating insights into the city’s history and culture. Plus, the small group size ensures a personalized experience.
For a taste of local culture, head to McGuire’s Pit Stop West. This neighborhood bar is a favorite among locals, and it’s easy to see why. The friendly staff, laid-back atmosphere, and delicious drinks make it the perfect spot to unwind after a long day. Plus, the live music on weekends is always a hit.
For a unique drinking experience, check out NOLA Distillery. This local distillery produces a variety of spirits, including vodka, gin, and rum. Take a tour to learn about the distilling process and sample some of their delicious products. The knowledgeable staff is always happy to answer questions and provide recommendations.
For a taste of international culture, head to Banana Blossom Thai Restaurant. This cozy spot serves up delicious Thai cuisine, including curries, stir-fries, and noodle dishes. The friendly staff and cozy atmosphere make it the perfect spot for a casual night out.
For a more upscale dining experience, check out Point Restaurant & Bar. This elegant spot serves up delicious seafood dishes, as well as steak and other classic American fare. The beautiful decor and attentive service make it the perfect spot for a special occasion.
- Be sure to check out the events calendar for the Gretna Cultural Center for the Arts, which hosts a variety of concerts, plays, and other cultural events throughout the year.
Be sure to try the signature cocktail at NOLA Distillery, made with their delicious rum.
Did You Know?
Harvey is located just a short drive from New Orleans, which is known for its vibrant music scene and rich cultural history.
Kid-Friendly Activities and Attractions
Traveling with kids can be a challenge, but there are plenty of fun and educational activities in Harvey and the surrounding areas that the whole family can enjoy.
Take a stroll through the beautiful in Harvey and enjoy the scenic views of the Mississippi River. The park features a playground, picnic areas, and a walking path perfect for a family outing.
For a dose of history and culture, head to the in nearby Gretna. The museum offers exhibits and educational programs that showcase the rich history of the area.
On a rainy day, catch a movie at the AMC Westbank Palace 16 in Harvey. With 16 screens and comfortable seating, it’s the perfect place to relax and enjoy a family-friendly film.
For the adults in the group, check out the New Orleans Lager & Ale (NOLA) Brewing in New Orleans. While the kids enjoy a soda, parents can sample some of the local brews and learn about the brewing process.
If you need to do some shopping, head to the West Jefferson Medical Center LCMC Health in Marrero. The shopping mall offers a variety of stores and restaurants, as well as a play area for kids.
Check out local events and festivals for even more family-friendly fun.
Did You Know?
The New Orleans Children’s Museum is just a short drive from Harvey and offers hands-on exhibits and activities for kids of all ages.
Ready to Explore Harvey, LA?
From the natural beauty of Atchafalaya to the bustling energy of Uptown, Harvey, LA is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re a foodie looking for the best Thai cuisine at Banana Blossom or a history buff exploring the Gretna Historical Society, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.
Stay at the comfortable and convenient Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank, and explore the city’s unique culture and history. Take a stroll through Riverfront Park Bench or grab a drink at Spanky’s Sports Bar. Shop at Barnes & Noble or World Market, and don’t forget to pamper yourself at Salon Elle.
For a taste of local flavor, head to The Bulldog, NOLA Distillery, or New Orleans Lager & Ale (NOLA) Brewing. And if you need to get around, Prime Transit NOLA, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and Jefferson Parking have got you covered.
For a unique experience, visit the Creole Cottage Uptown or catch a movie at AMC Westbank Palace 16. And if you’re feeling adventurous, rent a bike from The Pedal Shop and explore the city on two wheels.
Did You Know?
Harvey, LA is home to the West Jefferson Medical Center LCMC Health, providing top-notch medical care to the community. And if you’re in the market for a new car, check out Ray Brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram or Ray Brandt Kia.
With its rich culture, delicious cuisine, and welcoming community, Harvey, LA is a must-visit destination. So what are you waiting for? Book your trip today and start exploring!
Harvey, LA Itinerary
Caption: Enjoy a delicious meal at Atchafalaya Restaurant
Day 1: Exploring the Culinary Scene and Local Attractions
Begin your adventure in Harvey, LA by indulging in the local culinary scene and exploring some of the city’s most popular attractions. Start your day with a delicious breakfast, followed by visits to nearby parks and museums. In the evening, enjoy a scrumptious dinner and unwind at a local bar.
- Breakfast at Atchafalaya Restaurant – Start your day with a hearty breakfast at this highly-rated restaurant, located at 901 Louisiana Avenue, New Orleans. Enjoy their famous shrimp and grits, or try one of their delicious omelettes.
- Visit Gretna City Park – After breakfast, take a leisurely stroll through Gretna City Park, where you can enjoy the beautiful greenery and peaceful atmosphere. The park also features a playground, making it a great spot for families with children.
- Explore the German-American Cultural Center – Learn about the rich history and culture of German immigrants in Louisiana at this fascinating museum. The center is open from 10 am to 4 pm, Tuesday through Saturday, and admission is free.
- Lunch at The Bulldog, Uptown – Take a break for lunch at , located at 3236 Magazine Street, New Orleans. This popular restaurant offers a wide selection of burgers, sandwiches, and salads, as well as an extensive beer menu.
- Dinner at Atchafalaya Restaurant – Return to Atchafalaya for a mouthwatering dinner. Try their signature dishes like the blackened redfish or the crawfish étouffée. Don’t forget to save room for their famous bread pudding!
- Drinks at The Bulldog, Uptown – End your day with a relaxing nightcap at The Bulldog, Uptown. Choose from their impressive selection of draft beers or try one of their specialty cocktails.
Day 2: Outdoor Adventures and Shopping
On your second day in Harvey, LA, immerse yourself in the great outdoors and explore the local shopping scene. Start your day with a scenic hike, followed by a visit to the local farmers market. In the afternoon, enjoy some retail therapy at nearby shopping centers.
- Hike at Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve – Begin your day with a refreshing hike through this beautiful park, which features several miles of trails through picturesque swamps and marshes. Keep an eye out for local wildlife, including alligators, turtles, and numerous bird species.
- Visit the Gretna Farmers Market – After your hike, head to the Gretna Farmers Market to pick up some fresh produce and local goods. The market is open every Saturday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and features a wide variety of vendors selling fruits, vegetables, baked goods, and more.
- Shop at Oakwood Center – Spend the afternoon shopping at Oakwood Center, a popular mall featuring a variety of stores, including Dillard’s, JCPenney, and H&M. Grab a bite to eat at the food court or one of the mall’s sit-down restaurants.
- Explore the Shops at Canal Place – Continue your shopping spree at the Shops at Canal Place, an upscale shopping center located in downtown New Orleans. Browse through high-end stores like Saks Fifth Avenue, Tiffany & Co., and Lululemon.
- Dinner at Atchafalaya Restaurant – Enjoy another delicious meal at Atchafalaya, trying new dishes like the pan-seared scallops or the Louisiana crab cakes.
- Movie Night at AMC Palace 20 – Elmwood – End your day with a movie at this popular theater, which features comfortable reclining seats and a wide selection of films to choose from.
Day 3: Art, History, and Live Music
On your final day in Harvey, LA, delve into the local art and history scene, and experience the vibrant live music culture. Visit art galleries and museums, and cap off your trip with a live music performance at a local venue.
- Breakfast at Atchafalaya Restaurant – Start your day with another delicious breakfast at Atchafalaya, trying new menu items like the bananas foster French toast or the crabmeat omelette.
- Visit the New Orleans Museum of Art – After breakfast, head to the New Orleans Museum of Art to explore their extensive collection of art, ranging from European masterpieces to contemporary works.
- Explore the National WWII Museum – Spend the afternoon at the National WWII Museum, where you can learn about the history of World War II through interactive exhibits and immersive experiences.
- Lunch at The Bulldog, Uptown – Take a break for lunch at The Bulldog, Uptown, trying new menu items like the Cajun shrimp po’boy or the blackened chicken sandwich.
- Dinner at Atchafalaya Restaurant – Enjoy your final dinner at Atchafalaya, savoring dishes like the grilled pork chop or the seafood gumbo.
- Live Music at Tipitina’s – End your Harvey, LA adventure with a live music performance at Tipitina’s, a legendary New Orleans music venue. Check their calendar for upcoming shows and ticket information.